Disaster Response: How to Help
For those whose lives have been impacted by the recent hurricanes and earthquakes. For our UMC Early Response Teams, disaster coordinators, and all the many volunteers.
With each natural disaster, UMCOR shows up with semi loads of emergency bucket and hygiene kits. Help is needed to keep the supply coming! For packing instructions for hygiene kits, click here. To pack an emergency bucket kit, click here. The kit collection center will be at Rolling Hills UMC in Zanesville.
Our donation page is now linked with UMCOR’s Disaster Response & Disaster Supplies funds. As always, 100% of your gift goes to the stated need.
Buy only those items requested. An overflow of unneeded donations is a strain on an already stressed region. See the websites below for specific needs.
Early Response Team training is being held in Little Hocking on October 21st. To learn more or to register, click here. Being part of an Early Response Team means you and your team are cleared by FEMA to work within a disaster area.
But please don’t just “show up”, research the available opportunities. The Conference websites listed below are an excellent place to start.
Below are the current efforts of UMCOR:
- Texas Annual Conference of The United Methodist Church
- Louisiana Conference of The United Methodist Church
- Rio Texas Conference of The United Methodist Church
- Central Texas Conference of The United Methodist Church
- Hurricane Irma: Affected annual conferences in Florida and Georgia are still in the process of conducting assessments and setting up the infrastructure necessary to host teams. An invitation has not yet been extended for volunteers. Check back at westohioumc.org for updates.