It is with excitement and delight that our Staff-Parish Committee announce the appointment of Rev. Karen Muntzing as new lead pastor, beginning June 30th.
The committee has felt the weight of this pastoral search. Pastor Don is a beloved member of our family. After a decade of ministry, it’s difficult to imagine Christ Church without him. Yet, God is calling us to prepare for, anticipate, and imagine new things.
The Staff-Parish Relations Committee, with District Superintendent Dennis Miller, Bishop Palmer, and our West Ohio Conference Cabinet, spent months in prayer and deliberation, contemplating who would best lead us through this season of change. All involved rejoice that Pastor Karen is God’s choice for Christ Church. Pastor Karen’s reputation is known throughout West Ohio Conference and beyond. She was a highly sought after candidate. We are blessed at Christ Church to have her join us.
What are our next steps? 1) Honor and love Pastor Don well. Plans are underway for his retirement party on Sunday, June 2nd. Mark your calendar now. 2) Get to know Pastor Karen and her family through the bio below. Participate in the welcoming activities coming up in the future. 3) Meditate and pray on the prayer points at the bottom of this page. 4) Nurture a sense of hope and anticipation. God is doing good things in us all!
The following is a short bio of Pastor Karen and her family:
- college student at Columbus State Community College
- Team Manager at Graeter’s Ice Cream
- very musical
- see Sarah on this West Ohio Conference video speaking about the Laity Call.
- Pray for Pastor Don & Sandy, that they know and experience how much we love them and are grateful for them.
- Pray for Pastor Karen, Brook, and Sarah, that their every need is met during this time of transition.
- Pray for Hilliard UMC, for Pastor Karen & Brook, as they each say their goodbyes and look to the future.
- Pray for yourself and our congregation, that we allow space to grieve as we say goodbye to Pastor Don & Sandy; while simultaneously, we allow ourselves to open our hearts and choose to love Pastor Karen and her family.