United Methodist Women of Christ Church
Providing community for spiritual growth and place to pursue concepts of mission, the United Methodist Women (UMW) of Christ Church welcome any woman or girl from the congregation or community.
Meeting monthly, September through May, our UMW is comprised of two “circles” or groups: the Mary Circle and the Rebecca-Ruth Circle. Each Circle chooses topics, themes, and projects that reflect their personal interests and gifts, yet fulfill the overall purpose of United Methodist Women. Monthly offerings are collected to support the local and international of The United Methodist Women.
See the sidebar calendar for current Christ Church UMW events. Email for more information. Read below for more information on purpose, history, and mission of United Methodist Women.
The Purpose of United Methodist Women
- To organize for mission and to commit to growth as disciples of Jesus Christ in community with other women.
- To know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ.
- To develop a creative, supportive fellowship.
- To build the lives of women, children, and youth.
- To expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
The United Methodist Women can trace their beginnings to eight women representing eight different denominations. Those eight women formed the Woman’s Foreign Missionary Society in response to a lack of women’s health in India.
Today there are over 800,000 United Methodist Women pooling their resources from around the nation to support the stated mission…
The Mission of the UMW
- Providing opportunities to grow spiritually
- Equipping women & girls to be leaders
- Providing transformative educational experiences
- Organizing for growth & flexibility
- Working for justice through service and advocacy
To see how this mission is being fulfilled, click here.
To subscribe to The United Methodist Women Newsletter or read past copies, click here.